The Lipid Working Group (LWG) advocates for patient quality care concerning lipid and lipoprotein disorders through education, research promotion, development of standards and guidelines to influence health care policy
1. Updating physician knowledge about management of dyslipidemia in the GCC region, through developing outreach courses, workshops and programs concerning lipid disorders and atherosclerosis
2. Improving patient support, education and advancement of public awareness through promoting awareness programs and media involvement in the form of the public events directed towards reducing the death rate of coronary artery disease, stroke, decreasing the prevalence of diabetes, obesity, dyslipidemia, hypertension and smoking.
3. Promoting multidisciplinary translational research through increased research resources to support translational lipid research from funding agencies.
4. Promoting specialized knowledge through organizing research conferences, technical and clinical workshops and exhibitions, where the program will definitively feature lectures delivered by protuberant international speakers alongside a range of high caliber local presenters.
6. Supporting the need for the development of lipid clinic network in the region. This will help in better patient referral and management in terms of complex lipid cases. This can be achieved by developing specialized certified lipid courses and programs for clinicians interested in managing patients with lipid disorders.
The list of Members:
The group will consist of clinicians and scientist interested in the field of lipid and atherosclerosis.
Chairman, Khalid Al-Rasadi, Oman (Lipidology), email@example.com
Khalid Al-Waili, Oman (Lipidology), firstname.lastname@example.org
Al-Zadjali, Oman (Biochemistry), email@example.com
Wael Almahmed, UAE (Cardiology), firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Abdullah Shehab, UAE (Cardiology), email@example.com
Khalid AlHabib, KSA (Cardiology), firstname.lastname@example.org
Zuhair Awan, KSA (Lipidology), email@example.com
Fahad Al-Nouri, KSA (Cardiology), firstname.lastname@example.org
Faisal Alallaf, KSA (Genetics), email@example.com
Ahmed Al-Sarraf, Kuwait, (Lipidology), firstname.lastname@example.org
Mohammed Al-Jarallah, Kuwait (Cardiology), Draljarallah@me.com
Haitham Amin, Bahrain, (Cardiology), email@example.com
Nasreen Al-Sayed, Bahrain (Endocrinology/Lipidology),
Nidal Asaad, Qatar (Cardiology), firstname.lastname@example.org